In the Emerging Jobs Report LinkedIn published a list of jobs of the future that come into existence due to digitization. The report is based on the analysis of 560 million members and 20 million companies. We discuss three select digitization jobs and show you where to find the appropriate online courses to qualify for such opportunities.
1. Data Science Manager
• IBM Data Science Course Series: This course series introduces Python programming for data science, Python data analysis, data visualization and a practice project. A certificate is available on completion of the course. (continue to course)
• Data Science Management and Visualization: This course is provided by Wesleyan University and shows how to manage, summarise and visualize data. Course participants are provided with a dataset and must formulate a research question and make quantitative decisions. (continue to course)
• Building a Data Science Team: This course teaches the assembly and management of a successful data science team. (continue to course)
• Programming for Data Science: This course from the University of Adelaide shows the application of fundamental programming concepts, computational thinking and data analysis techniques to solve practical data issues. (continue to course)
2. Machine Learning Engineer
Another emergent job as a result of digitization is the machine learning engineer. Engineers in machine learning work on artificial intelligence (AI) applications. For instance, they develop programs which automatize data analysis usually performed manually by data scientists. These programs can ‘learn’, based on millions of ‘experiences’ requiring thoroughly numerical definitions.
These online courses enable you to become a machine learning engineer:
• Machine Learning Engineer Nanodegree: This Udacity course teaches every machine learning concept. (continue to course)
• Deep Learning Explained: This online course teaches all competencies required to develop a thorough understanding of deep learning. There is no cost. For a fee you can obtain a certificate. (continue to course)
3. Blockchain Developer
These courses enable you to become a blockchain developer:
• Free Berkeley course: The renowned UC Berkeley offers a Blockchain foundation course. The course version is a version for experienced programmers (click here for the version for developers) however there is also a less technical version for beginners (click here for the beginner's version).
• Blockchain Developer Nanodegree by Udacity: This course series provides an introduction to blockchain development, including blockchain and Ethereum protocols. It teaches the foundations, architecture and applications of blockchain. The course requires previous programming knowledge. (continue to course)
• Solidity course by Udemy: This is a fee-based course where participants learn how to use solidity, Ethereum and smart contracts to program blockchain applications. (continue to course)
• Python course by Treehouse: This fee-based course by Treehouse teaches the fundamentals of Python. (continue to course)
• Introduction to Java programming: This online course series by edX teaches how to code in Java as well as the fundamentals of object-oriented programming and software development. The course provider promises that upon completion of the professional certificate program participants should be able to start a career as a Java developer.(continue to course)
Edukatico is your Search Portal for Online Courses
Browse thousands of online courses from various providers in 22 subject areas in our directory (MOOCs, online lectures, and other online courses). Just test a free MOOC yourself. And register for our course manager to efficiently organize your online courses. And also subscribe to our newsletter here, and follow us on Facebook und Twitter!