Never have there been more high-quality online CS courses available for self-study.
Our course directory already lists over 2,000 computer science courses from various providers.
Below we show you 10 currently available free courses on the most popular topics.
(Or jump directly to all the CS online courses in our search portal.)
10 Selected Online Courses on the Most Popular CS Topics
- Harvard's Intro to Computer Science: Harvard University's popular MOOC (massive open online course) already had over 1 million students. Explores computer science basics such as algorithms, programming, cyber security, software and web development. The optional certificate track is available for an additional fee.
- Computer Architecture: This online lecture series from Swiss ETH Zurich gives an introduction to computer architecture. It explores in great detail how computers are designed.
- Internet Technology: Popular course from the University of Michigan about the Internet and its development and technology.
- Java Programming: This Java course series on the edX platform consists of several individual MOOCs. The series including the certificate is subject to a fee, but if you take the individual courses without a certificate ("Audit"), learning is free.
- Python programming: Coding platform Codecademy offers a hands-on online course on Python, requiring a lot of your own programming work.
- Data Science: This free Microsoft course gives an introduction to Data Science. There are further courses available that can lead to an optional (paid) Microsoft Professional Program certificate.
- Artificial Intelligence: Provider Udacity has specialized in this field of study. This introductory course explores the basics of AI, a longer course series is also available. Ideally, participants already have basic knowledge of statistics and linear algebra.
- Blockchain: UC Berkeley offers this blockchain video lecture including accompanying material online for self-study. There are no formal enrolment requirements, but to have an interest in and basic understanding of the sometimes technical explanations is helpful.
- Cyber Security: Basic cyber security course on the UK-based course platform FutureLearn. The course is led by an experienced network security expert.
Edukatico is your Search Portal for Online Courses
In our course directory, we list more than 8,000 video-based online courses, MOOCs and video lectures from various providers. Many of them are free!
With our Course Manager, you can organize your online courses and plan your learning schedule.
Do you like online courses? Subscribe to our newsletter here. And join us on Facebook or Twitter!